John H. Sutter has been representing plaintiffs in whistleblower, securities fraud, derivative, consumer, and other complex business litigation for the last fifteen years. Before that, Mr. Sutter represented companies in complex transactional and SEC matters. He has the experience of being “in the room,” drafting securities disclosure, and understanding the dynamics driving companies. Over the last several years, Mr. Sutter has focused his practice on representing SEC, CFTC, IRS and qui tam whistleblowers, achieving extraordinary success for his clients. Mr. Sutter has been involved in representing clients who have obtained millions of dollars from various whistleblower programs.
Mr. Sutter’s whistleblower matters include the following:
- Counsel to whistleblowers who tipped off the SEC and other federal authorities to an alleged Ponzi-like fraud occurring at $1 billion hedge fund, ultimately leading to federal civil and criminal charges against the fund and its principals, with investor recoveries to date approaching $100 million;
- Representing whistleblowers in recent reports regarding a potential multi-million-dollar fraud in the electric vehicle market.
- Representing whistleblowers before the CFTC and SEC who have tipped regulators to a series of digital asset frauds.
- Working with whistleblower groups focused on issuer obligations related to SPAC transactions.
- Counsel to various whistleblowers bringing claims related to violations of the Investment Company Act of 1940.
Mr. Sutter is a member of the bars of Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Federal District Court and the First Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a summa cum laude graduate of Boston University School of Law, recipient of the Berger Award for Academic Excellence, member of the Boston University Law review, and a charter member of the Phi Delta Phi academic organization at B.U.S.L.
- Boston University School of Law - J.D. - 1995
Summa Cum Laude
- English Literature, Suffolk University - B.A. - 1992
Get in Touch
- 1 Over $100 Million in Awards Obtained
- 2 Over 75 Years of Collective Experience
- 3 Handling Cases in the U.S. and Internationally